"Organizations, like individuals, have a right to their own political speech." You want to talk honesty and truth? How about this.... Organizations aren't people, plain and simple. Organizations are a group of people organized (get it?) around a central purpose, be it producing a product, having a bake sale, or creating political movies. An organization is no more a person than flock of geese is a goose. One is singular and the other is plural. Check your basic math and language for more correct uses of both. To try to have the Citizens United ruling apply to corporations as people is so absurd you ought to have your brain washed with simple green, so you can start over down another path.
The Left’s assault on the Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision got high exposure at the 2011 State of the Union when the president famously insulted his robed hostages. The fallout continues, notably in Colorado.
Several measures have been proposed here, dedicated to the proposition the First Amendment and Supreme Court protect too much speech; government should tighten the muzzle. An initiative headed for November’s ballot instructs Colorado Senators and Representatives to support a Constitutional Amendment, allowing government freer rein to restrict political speech. But the logic reaches much further. Backers seem clueless about the knife they’re holding to liberty’s...
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 44 minutes ago
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Juan Williams: Treatment of Condi Rice by Rutgers a hateful liberal double standard for black conservatives Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Rick Perry brings down the house at CPAC Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Bernie Sanders is “prepared to run for President” Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago