"Organizations, like individuals, have a right to their own political speech." You want to talk honesty and truth? How about this.... Organizations aren't people, plain and simple. Organizations are a group of people organized (get it?) around a central purpose, be it producing a product, having a bake sale, or creating political movies. An organization is no more a person than flock of geese is a goose. One is singular and the other is plural. Check your basic math and language for more correct uses of both. To try to have the Citizens United ruling apply to corporations as people is so absurd you ought to have your brain washed with simple green, so you can start over down another path.
The Left’s assault on the Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision got high exposure at the 2011 State of the Union when the president famously insulted his robed hostages. The fallout continues, notably in Colorado.
Several measures have been proposed here, dedicated to the proposition the First Amendment and Supreme Court protect too much speech; government should tighten the muzzle. An initiative headed for November’s ballot instructs Colorado Senators and Representatives to support a Constitutional Amendment, allowing government freer rein to restrict political speech. But the logic reaches much further. Backers seem clueless about the knife they’re holding to liberty’s...
- Uh oh: GOP’s vulnerable candidate start showing off their internal polls Noah Rothman 21 mins ago
- In America, we don’t kill the Ebola dog Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Matt Lewis shames the press for laughing at Bristol Palin’s physical assault Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago