A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
Anyone who believes that the America that existed between 1900 and 2000 still exists is a complete fool. It changed for good in 1960, although it inherited its corruption from the unconstitutional government of Abraham Lincoln a hundred years earlier. Every "administration" since 1860 has added to the corruption and illegality of federal government, regardless of political party. Look for, hope for, and fight for a secession that preserves at least half the states in a constitutional republic.
- Victory! Boys born as boys can shower with girls in Kentucky school Jazz Shaw 44 mins ago
- Prosecutor: Suspect in Oklahoma beheading uttered Arabic words during attack Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: Overwhelming majority of Republicans now describe themselves as “hawks” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Another federal court strikes Obamacare subsidies on federal exchanges Gabriel Malor 2 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Brian Barcaro, Joel Pollak Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Name That Operation? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago