That's the script. When heinous monsters kill people with guns, we tend to talk about the problem of guns. Or rather, people in Washington, New York and other big cities tend to talk about the problem of guns, because they think guns are the problem. There's an irony there, of course, given that such cities tend to have the worst gun-related murder rates -- Chicago these days has the equivalent of an...
Jonah, Jonah, Jonah! Death penalty foes won't have to take a stand in Colorado. Holmes will plead innocent by reason of insantiy, and in Colorado that means he will go scot free after a term in a state hospital. I know. I worked for the University of Colorado Medical Center (now Health Science Center) when a young mother drowned her two children in the bathtub. They sent her to Penrose State Hospital and released her as "sane" a few years later. Ten years or so after that she had remarried, had two more children, and drowned them in a bathtub. Holmes can already document his mental illness (remember, he sent his plans to his psychiatrist!) and will get off because of Colorado's (leftist) law.
In the aftermath of the Aurora, Colo., slaughter, the question went forth on all of the political chatter shows: "Will this reopen the debate over gun control?"
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Feds put kibosh on self-driving cars, plane sharing Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- It’s come to this: The War on Bacon is real Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- America in crisis: Should airline passengers be allowed to use “Knee Defender” to stop seats from reclining? Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Mitt Romney: Sure, there’s a chance I’ll run again Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Rubio sends letter to Obama: This executive amnesty will destroy immigration reform for the foreseeable future Allahpundit 10 hours ago