That's the script. When heinous monsters kill people with guns, we tend to talk about the problem of guns. Or rather, people in Washington, New York and other big cities tend to talk about the problem of guns, because they think guns are the problem. There's an irony there, of course, given that such cities tend to have the worst gun-related murder rates -- Chicago these days has the equivalent of an...
Jonah, Jonah, Jonah! Death penalty foes won't have to take a stand in Colorado. Holmes will plead innocent by reason of insantiy, and in Colorado that means he will go scot free after a term in a state hospital. I know. I worked for the University of Colorado Medical Center (now Health Science Center) when a young mother drowned her two children in the bathtub. They sent her to Penrose State Hospital and released her as "sane" a few years later. Ten years or so after that she had remarried, had two more children, and drowned them in a bathtub. Holmes can already document his mental illness (remember, he sent his plans to his psychiatrist!) and will get off because of Colorado's (leftist) law.
In the aftermath of the Aurora, Colo., slaughter, the question went forth on all of the political chatter shows: "Will this reopen the debate over gun control?"
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 34 minutes ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- McCain on Ted Cruz: Have these self-proclaimed Reagan Republicans forgotten that Reagan gave amnesty to three million illegals? Allahpundit 3 hours ago