Last year when we were in this part of Helmand province, there were four Marine battalions providing security and mentoring Afghan soldiers and police. Now there is just one -- 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine...
That 5-tour NCO North interviewed has it exactly right. There's one thing he doesn't know. The vast majority of older Americans from age 70 to 100 and the others from 60 to 70 appreciate and love what the warriors are doing, even if the politicians don't---especially the Democrat politicians. But it was ever thus, except during World War II (which I remember as clear as a bell!), when even FDR relaxed his socialism to the degree he loved and respected the troops. It was the country he disliked.
HELMAND PROVINCE, Afghanistan -- "Don't either of them even know we're still fighting over here?" That question was posed by one of the U.S. Marines with whom we have been keeping company in southwestern Afghanistan. His query followed this week's presidential debate at Hofstra University, during which the word "Afghanistan" was uttered only once during the 90-minute exchange between the two men bidding to be commander in chief.
- Panetta memoir blames Obama for collapse in Iraq Ed Morrissey 34 mins ago
- 80 people being monitored in Dallas area for Ebola; Update: 100? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- White House: No plans to block flights from ebola countries Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Fox poll shows majority of likely voters support ground troops against ISIS Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Gray Lady reporter very confused as to why Republicans don’t want the President to be attacked Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago