Last year when we were in this part of Helmand province, there were four Marine battalions providing security and mentoring Afghan soldiers and police. Now there is just one -- 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine...
That 5-tour NCO North interviewed has it exactly right. There's one thing he doesn't know. The vast majority of older Americans from age 70 to 100 and the others from 60 to 70 appreciate and love what the warriors are doing, even if the politicians don't---especially the Democrat politicians. But it was ever thus, except during World War II (which I remember as clear as a bell!), when even FDR relaxed his socialism to the degree he loved and respected the troops. It was the country he disliked.
HELMAND PROVINCE, Afghanistan -- "Don't either of them even know we're still fighting over here?" That question was posed by one of the U.S. Marines with whom we have been keeping company in southwestern Afghanistan. His query followed this week's presidential debate at Hofstra University, during which the word "Afghanistan" was uttered only once during the 90-minute exchange between the two men bidding to be commander in chief.
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 23 minutes ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago