Last year when we were in this part of Helmand province, there were four Marine battalions providing security and mentoring Afghan soldiers and police. Now there is just one -- 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine...
That 5-tour NCO North interviewed has it exactly right. There's one thing he doesn't know. The vast majority of older Americans from age 70 to 100 and the others from 60 to 70 appreciate and love what the warriors are doing, even if the politicians don't---especially the Democrat politicians. But it was ever thus, except during World War II (which I remember as clear as a bell!), when even FDR relaxed his socialism to the degree he loved and respected the troops. It was the country he disliked.
HELMAND PROVINCE, Afghanistan -- "Don't either of them even know we're still fighting over here?" That question was posed by one of the U.S. Marines with whom we have been keeping company in southwestern Afghanistan. His query followed this week's presidential debate at Hofstra University, during which the word "Afghanistan" was uttered only once during the 90-minute exchange between the two men bidding to be commander in chief.
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 46 mins ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 15 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 16 hours ago