Last year when we were in this part of Helmand province, there were four Marine battalions providing security and mentoring Afghan soldiers and police. Now there is just one -- 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine...
That 5-tour NCO North interviewed has it exactly right. There's one thing he doesn't know. The vast majority of older Americans from age 70 to 100 and the others from 60 to 70 appreciate and love what the warriors are doing, even if the politicians don't---especially the Democrat politicians. But it was ever thus, except during World War II (which I remember as clear as a bell!), when even FDR relaxed his socialism to the degree he loved and respected the troops. It was the country he disliked.
HELMAND PROVINCE, Afghanistan -- "Don't either of them even know we're still fighting over here?" That question was posed by one of the U.S. Marines with whom we have been keeping company in southwestern Afghanistan. His query followed this week's presidential debate at Hofstra University, during which the word "Afghanistan" was uttered only once during the 90-minute exchange between the two men bidding to be commander in chief.
- John Kerry to Code Pink: If you care about women, you should want to fight ISIS Allahpundit 41 mins ago
- Poll: Republican Cory Gardner now leads Mark Udall by one in Colorado Senate race Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The dream of a Jon Huntsman independent run in 2016 is alive and well, my friends Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Iraqi PM: Please, America, don’t send troops back to Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul: If it was wrong not to protect the Benghazi consulate, it’s wrong not to protect the one in Kurdistan Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Vikings retreat on Peterson after sponsors, media erupt Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago