The measure, unless blocked by a judge, will take effect in six months. The health board vote was the only regulatory approval needed to become binding in the city, but the American soft-drink industry has strongly opposed...
In response to:
More statists who believe they can live your life better than you can. Where the hell has personal freedom and personal responsibility gone?
The New York City Board of Health today approved Mayor Michael Bloomberg's proposal to ban sugary drinks that come in sizes larger than 16 oz on a unanimous 9-0 vote. This was mildly surprising considering the national controversy that broke out in the wake of Bloomberg's initial plan, but the New York City bureaucrats have never been receptive to public outcry.
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 44 minutes ago
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Juan Williams: Treatment of Condi Rice by Rutgers a hateful liberal double standard for black conservatives Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Rick Perry brings down the house at CPAC Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Bernie Sanders is “prepared to run for President” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Massachusetts set to ban “upskirt” photos after court ruling Dustin Siggins 4 hours ago