Just a suggestion? I found the article to be absolutely enthralling, however, it was difficult to read because of the ads that kept covering it up on the right of the screen. The problem is on page 2. If you're going to advertise, please take the time to check the page and make sure that you're not ruining the article being presented by overlapping it with ads. Hopefully people aren't coming here just for the ads. By the way, thanks to Mr. Bowyer for sharing this. I hope many people take it to heart. People need to think before they just throw money at something. Giving carries with it a certain responsibility. Giving can actually hurt rather than help. Thanks again for the links & the well grounded point of view.

Ann Coulter's Conservative Sell-Out

texaspapa1953 Wrote: Feb 12, 2014 4:53 AM
Hyperbole is one thing, however we need to remember that a lot of people don't "get" that type of humor. Young people especially are prone to take older successful people seriously. they haven't enough life experience to look as someone's remarks separate from their actions, especially if those actions aren't that far from said comment. Ann has said several things over the past few years that have jarred me, and I'm over 60 & grew up in the era of dry, droll humor - Don Rickles, Dean Martin and the like. I completely understand tongue-in-cheek and she & others have sometimes left me with my mouth hanging open. I know that we need humor to get through tough times, but we need to make sure that it's understood that we're being humorous. Otherwise we're misleading people into acting contrary to their own beliefs from misplaced hero worship and we're losing the game in the name of being popular or successful at the expense of our integrity. If Ann is serious about being conservative, she will start making it clear to one & all where she actually stands without any consideration to personal gain. That goes for everyone who takes our freedoms & the welfare of the nation seriously.

The Butler from Another Planet

texaspapa1953 Wrote: Aug 29, 2013 10:25 AM
I was glad to see that the ticket sales had dropped off dramatically. Mr. Reagan was the best President that I ever served under. It's a shame that Hollywood & their ilk have to try to diminish someone who did so much for this country. Hopefully enough people are awake now that this piece of revisionist history will fail completely.

Shepherds and Sheep

texaspapa1953 Wrote: Feb 26, 2013 7:26 AM
Wait. They're actually supposed to TEACH in school? I thought they were there for babysitting & to stroke their little egos by letting everybody win at everything. I've got friends who are teachers who are frustrated at the limits & hobbles placed on good teachers.

Shepherds and Sheep

texaspapa1953 Wrote: Feb 26, 2013 7:23 AM
David, I would agree except that I've been reading LD's posts for a long time. Look up hyperbole & satire then re-read this post.

Shepherds and Sheep

texaspapa1953 Wrote: Feb 26, 2013 7:20 AM
When it comes to a sheep & his shepherd, I have only one, and he ain't in the government. Beck once called Sunstein the most dangerous man in America. People like this are only dangerous to the extent that people listen to them. In 99.9% of the people in this administration, I only hear "Blah, blah, blah" when their mouths are moving. That's because most of what they say has already been written in a history book under dismal failures. Thank you Dr. Sowell. Very cogent points.

Texas vs. California

texaspapa1953 Wrote: Feb 12, 2013 7:20 AM
Guys, it's ok. Everyone has a place & I doubt that guywithaheart would enjoy Texas. Here, you're expected to stand on your on feet & man-up when things get bad. I'd really hate to see him go through such trauma. Now, excuse me. I've got to go warn the governor's office what happens when you allow (or invite) too many liberals to move in. I used to live in Seattle. Californians did a job on their economy that it hasn't ever recovered from.

No Oxygen, Please, for This Show

texaspapa1953 Wrote: Jan 11, 2013 7:18 AM
Another reason that I don't, & never will, watch anything that has Oprah attached to it.
What debate? All I see is post after post about racist lies. So much for sticking to the subject. As for the buyback programs, let those sheep who wish to be led to the slaughter give up their guns for a gift card to IHOP or whatever. Free people don't sell out. Free people don't consider laying down and giving up. Take it for what you will, guns are a part of our heritage and if they were so evil, the United States would never have been. We wouldn't have survived the Colonial Period when EVERYBODY had a gun. oodthat, go peddle it somewhere else. You're boring.

Adams 2016

texaspapa1953 Wrote: Dec 10, 2012 10:55 AM
I'll go along with this, but boy are we going to have a hard time getting them all in one 8x10 cell. Sound like fun.