Sigh. Even when they’re sort of doing the right thing, Republicans are incapable of using the right argument.
Paul Ryan, Chairman of the House Budget Committee, has unveiled his proposed budget and he and other Republicans are bragging that the plan will balance the budget in 10 years.
That’s all fine and well, but good fiscal policy is achieved by reducing the burden of government spending, and that means that restraining the budget so that federal outlays grow slower than the private sector.
It’s good to balance the budget, of course, but that
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 3 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 4 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago