Sigh. Even when they’re sort of doing the right thing, Republicans are incapable of using the right argument.
Paul Ryan, Chairman of the House Budget Committee, has unveiled his proposed budget and he and other Republicans are bragging that the plan will balance the budget in 10 years.
That’s all fine and well, but good fiscal policy is achieved by reducing the burden of government spending, and that means that restraining the budget so that federal outlays grow slower than the private sector.
It’s good to balance the budget, of course, but that
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 13 hours ago