I have tracked Todd Akin's voting record for 12 years now. He is an excellent Representative! He is no more of an idiot than President Obama who said he had been "to all 57 states"! Certainly Todd chose his words poorly. But, he apologized for it and immediately admitted he was wrong. But, the idea that the trauma & stress of a forcible rape could trigger a natural miscarriage is not beyond reason - IMO. In any case, I for one am not throwing Todd under the bus for one miscue. Todd is so much better that Claire McCaskill that it makes my head spin to see how everyone is trashing him! As a Missouri Voter I am voting for Todd no matter what ! - even if it means we get stuck with "Obama Rubber Stamp" McCaskill for 6 more years!
Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago