I have tracked Todd Akin's voting record for 12 years now. He is an excellent Representative! He is no more of an idiot than President Obama who said he had been "to all 57 states"! Certainly Todd chose his words poorly. But, he apologized for it and immediately admitted he was wrong. But, the idea that the trauma & stress of a forcible rape could trigger a natural miscarriage is not beyond reason - IMO. In any case, I for one am not throwing Todd under the bus for one miscue. Todd is so much better that Claire McCaskill that it makes my head spin to see how everyone is trashing him! As a Missouri Voter I am voting for Todd no matter what ! - even if it means we get stuck with "Obama Rubber Stamp" McCaskill for 6 more years!
Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014