As Boorstin explained, the pseudo-event was orchestrated and planned to receive maximum public attention, even if the event itself was really unimportant. Pseudo-events merely look important, because the media and the public agree to act as if they are. As Boorstin explained, the pseudo-event is not something that happens by...
The Government will not default on it debt. That is a falsehood. The payments on the debt and interest are a part of the spending, a part smaller than the revenue. The failure to raise the debt limit means that the government won't be able to borrow more. It will continue to be able to pay it's debts and "obligations" but will not be able to continue with profligate spending. I do agree that it is a psuedo-event. It is manufactured to sucker the sheeple into deeper and deeper dependency and loss of Liberty.
Watching the American scene in the 1960s, historian Daniel Boorstin, invented the idea of the “pseudo-event.” The rise of television and modern mass media had produced a transformation of the news business, so that what now mattered was not if an event was important, but only if it was “newsworthy.”
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 13 hours ago