I don't completely disagree with you - the kind of schools Williams writes about (especially in previous columns) would create an entirely new black intelligencia, and do so much more for their people than is currently being done (black families were more stable prior to the welfare state, etc.). However, assuming races are the same across the board (on average) leads to expectations of similar results, across the board. This is one liberal excuse for affirmative action and all the other goodies - because 'leveling the playing field' still hasn't achieved similar results. The fact is, they never will. I would love to be wrong on this (hopefully I am, but I don't see any evidence so far based on observation and history), but it does seem that average IQ correlates directly with economic status. It's not meant to be a slam at all, and it's certainly not meant to be hateful.
- U.S. had Assad’s cooperation during strikes on targets in Syria Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- Open thread: War president to address nation after targeting ISIS, Khorasan in Syria Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Yemen’s capital under near total control of Shiite rebels following bloody offensive Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- US hits Khorasan group in air strikes on Syria Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria; Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago