The organization's hysteric solution to gun violence in America is to put designated sitting ducks -- er, "armed police officers" -- in every American school. Apparently the secret is now out that such places are "gun-free," and LaPierre says that "(gun-free school zones) tell every insane killer in America...
In my opinion, you're way off-base on this. Sometimes the criminal is willing to just take your stuff, but I spoke with a co-worker yesterday about a friend of his. The man was recently robbed at gunpoint, and after he gave the thugs everything they asked for, they shot him twice in the stomach. He's still recovering in the hospital, paralyzed from the waist down. My question to you is was it worth him taking what I suspect you would endorse as 'the high road,' and not attempt to defend himself? If he would have pulled his own pistol (hopefully as he moved to make himself a harder target,) and shot the thugs, he might still have gotten shot, but he also might have 'stopped the attack,' since as a rule, criminals look for easy prey.
After a tragedy like the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, Conn., the injection of anything short of seriousness into the subsequent public discourse about guns is touchy. But last week, the National Rifle Association blasted numerous rounds into that particular barrier with NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre's mouth.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 12 hours ago