I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
All new accounts should be sandboxed.
- Buzzfeed finds more lifted text in Mary Burke’s campaign Ed Morrissey 33 mins ago
- Will the press find Panetta and Clinton’s pangs of conscience as compelling as Colin Powell’s? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- “F*** it, I quit”: Alaska reporter resigns on air after revealing she runs the cannabis club she just reported on Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- What does the Hillary-Alinksy letter reveal? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Reason Magazine actually asked climate protesters what they want to do, and it’s hilarious Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Lerner speaks! (To Politico) Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago