Ah! The beauties of the physical California...mountains, beaches, high deserts, vast forests, and great rivers...and chumps for citizens. I admit to missing those wonderous attributes...but not the chumps. Florida has no income tax, low sales tax and is a right to work state. It is great to be back rooting for the Gators again. Oh, and we have a Republican Governor and Republican controlled Legislature. C'mon down!
When he ran for governor of California in 2010, Jerry Brown traded on cryptic pledges -- most notably, "no new taxes without voter approval" -- that, like pronouncements by the oracle at Delphi, could mean whatever listeners wanted to hear. Most insiders figured that Brown wanted to raise taxes but was too cagey to tell voters, who had rejected a tax-increasing ballot measure by a 2-1 ratio in 2009. It is because Brown was so darn clever that Californians now are stuck with a Hobson's choice -- vote for his Proposition 30 and raise taxes that could kill jobs in a...
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 13 mins ago
- Video: This is the man a malaise-stricken America needs right now Allahpundit 53 mins ago
- NYT: After six weeks of U.S. airstrikes, ISIS has “scarcely budged” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- McCain: I was pals with Mark Udall’s dad so I can’t bring myself to campaign for Cory Gardner Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Secret Service failures may expand no-walking zone around White House Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CDC: Up to half a million Ebola cases by end of January Noah Rothman 3 hours ago