Yesterday evening we reported the details of House Republicans' "fiscal cliff" compromise offer to the White House, which offered real ideological concessions, to the tune of $800 Billion in new revenues. The plan -- originally conceived last year by the Democratic co-chairman of the debt commission, Erskine Bowles -- also calls for the reduction of both discretionary and mandatory spending, making needed (albeit small-ball) reforms to the largest drivers of our debt. Unlike the president's risible, widely-panned proposal last week, Republicans' new negotiating posture offers genuine compromise: (a) It has bipartisan origins, (b) it achieves "balance," (c) it...
In response to:
Whoops sorry for the double post. I didn't think it was working and hit it a second time. Since I'm here, question WHY has he avoided any questions regarding the forged computer generated Birth Certificate? The late registered Selective Service registration with the year it was supposedly sent in, cut in half ot that only 80 is visible..could it be that 2008 was cut in half from the stamp and the '08' turned around? What about the stolen Social Security number he's used since the early 80 's through 2009? Originally issued in about 1977 to a Conn.man born in 1890? (I bet if any of us tried it, we'd be in prison for fraud.) Don't tell me John Barack isn't aware of these felonies..is the threat of a purge being a reason no answers?
NewsBusted! President Obama, ISIS, 9/11, August Jobs Report, NBC News, Syrian Rebels, South Dakota Snow
- Thousands of American troops headed to Africa to fight… Ebola? Noah Rothman 12 mins ago
- WaPo editors: Say, this ISIS intervention looks a wee bit “underpowered,” no? Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- ObamaCare subsidies funding abortion coverage: GAO Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago