Yesterday evening we reported the details of House Republicans' "fiscal cliff" compromise offer to the White House, which offered real ideological concessions, to the tune of $800 Billion in new revenues. The plan -- originally conceived last year by the Democratic co-chairman of the debt commission, Erskine Bowles -- also calls for the reduction of both discretionary and mandatory spending, making needed (albeit small-ball) reforms to the largest drivers of our debt. Unlike the president's risible, widely-panned proposal last week, Republicans' new negotiating posture offers genuine compromise: (a) It has bipartisan origins, (b) it achieves "balance," (c) it...
In response to:
Whoops sorry for the double post. I didn't think it was working and hit it a second time. Since I'm here, question WHY has he avoided any questions regarding the forged computer generated Birth Certificate? The late registered Selective Service registration with the year it was supposedly sent in, cut in half ot that only 80 is visible..could it be that 2008 was cut in half from the stamp and the '08' turned around? What about the stolen Social Security number he's used since the early 80 's through 2009? Originally issued in about 1977 to a Conn.man born in 1890? (I bet if any of us tried it, we'd be in prison for fraud.) Don't tell me John Barack isn't aware of these felonies..is the threat of a purge being a reason no answers?
- Arizona inmate takes nearly two hours to die by lethal injection in botched execution Allahpundit 23 minutes ago
- ISIS reportedly orders women and girls of Mosul to undergo ‘genital mutilation’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WaPo editorial: Why is the world ignoring Hamas’ depravity? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Uncommon courage: Jeb Bush finally weighs in on the border crisis Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- FAA, EASA reauthorize operations at Tel Aviv for Western airlines Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Meriam Ibrahim lands in Italy, on way to US; Update: Meets with Pope Francis Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago