Yesterday evening we reported the details of House Republicans' "fiscal cliff" compromise offer to the White House, which offered real ideological concessions, to the tune of $800 Billion in new revenues. The plan -- originally conceived last year by the Democratic co-chairman of the debt commission, Erskine Bowles -- also calls for the reduction of both discretionary and mandatory spending, making needed (albeit small-ball) reforms to the largest drivers of our debt. Unlike the president's risible, widely-panned proposal last week, Republicans' new negotiating posture offers genuine compromise: (a) It has bipartisan origins, (b) it achieves "balance," (c) it...
In response to:
Whoops sorry for the double post. I didn't think it was working and hit it a second time. Since I'm here, question WHY has he avoided any questions regarding the forged computer generated Birth Certificate? The late registered Selective Service registration with the year it was supposedly sent in, cut in half ot that only 80 is visible..could it be that 2008 was cut in half from the stamp and the '08' turned around? What about the stolen Social Security number he's used since the early 80 's through 2009? Originally issued in about 1977 to a Conn.man born in 1890? (I bet if any of us tried it, we'd be in prison for fraud.) Don't tell me John Barack isn't aware of these felonies..is the threat of a purge being a reason no answers?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago