Yesterday evening we reported the details of House Republicans' "fiscal cliff" compromise offer to the White House, which offered real ideological concessions, to the tune of $800 Billion in new revenues. The plan -- originally conceived last year by the Democratic co-chairman of the debt commission, Erskine Bowles -- also calls for the reduction of both discretionary and mandatory spending, making needed (albeit small-ball) reforms to the largest drivers of our debt. Unlike the president's risible, widely-panned proposal last week, Republicans' new negotiating posture offers genuine compromise: (a) It has bipartisan origins, (b) it achieves "balance," (c) it...
In response to:
Whoops sorry for the double post. I didn't think it was working and hit it a second time. Since I'm here, question WHY has he avoided any questions regarding the forged computer generated Birth Certificate? The late registered Selective Service registration with the year it was supposedly sent in, cut in half ot that only 80 is visible..could it be that 2008 was cut in half from the stamp and the '08' turned around? What about the stolen Social Security number he's used since the early 80 's through 2009? Originally issued in about 1977 to a Conn.man born in 1890? (I bet if any of us tried it, we'd be in prison for fraud.) Don't tell me John Barack isn't aware of these felonies..is the threat of a purge being a reason no answers?
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014