Yesterday evening we reported the details of House Republicans' "fiscal cliff" compromise offer to the White House, which offered real ideological concessions, to the tune of $800 Billion in new revenues. The plan -- originally conceived last year by the Democratic co-chairman of the debt commission, Erskine Bowles -- also calls for the reduction of both discretionary and mandatory spending, making needed (albeit small-ball) reforms to the largest drivers of our debt. Unlike the president's risible, widely-panned proposal last week, Republicans' new negotiating posture offers genuine compromise: (a) It has bipartisan origins, (b) it achieves "balance," (c) it...
In response to:
Of course, you know his real middle name is BARACK. He purges the conservative/ Tea Party members from the important fiscal committees because he has deemed 'they aren't Team Players' Since when are members of the Peoples House 'team players?" He goes after members who put the Constitution before the tyranny of the left AND the RINOS like John Barack instead of going after the fact that our whole government has been infiltrated by Muslim Brotherhood members, and went after Michelle Bachmann and the four Congressmen supporting her for demanding an investigation of Huma Abedin. Makes me wonder IF John Barack isn't on the Muslim Brotherhood payroll.
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 4 minutes ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago