Yesterday evening we reported the details of House Republicans' "fiscal cliff" compromise offer to the White House, which offered real ideological concessions, to the tune of $800 Billion in new revenues. The plan -- originally conceived last year by the Democratic co-chairman of the debt commission, Erskine Bowles -- also calls for the reduction of both discretionary and mandatory spending, making needed (albeit small-ball) reforms to the largest drivers of our debt. Unlike the president's risible, widely-panned proposal last week, Republicans' new negotiating posture offers genuine compromise: (a) It has bipartisan origins, (b) it achieves "balance," (c) it...
In response to:
Of course, you know his real middle name is BARACK. He purges the conservative/ Tea Party members from the important fiscal committees because he has deemed 'they aren't Team Players' Since when are members of the Peoples House 'team players?" He goes after members who put the Constitution before the tyranny of the left AND the RINOS like John Barack instead of going after the fact that our whole government has been infiltrated by Muslim Brotherhood members, and went after Michelle Bachmann and the four Congressmen supporting her for demanding an investigation of Huma Abedin. Makes me wonder IF John Barack isn't on the Muslim Brotherhood payroll.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 9 hours ago