As a Christian, it can be difficult to reconcile all the evil that happens in the world with an all knowing, all powerful loving God who could stop it if He wants, but chooses not to do so. If our hearts break for the innocent children who were senselessly murdered at Sandy Hook Elementary, how can a God who loves us not feel the same way? If any of us had known what Adam Lanza was going to do, we would have done anything in our power to stop him, so why didn't God? All too often we tend to quote...
In the mainline denominations we were raised in, me Low Episcopal and he, conservative Lutheran we were never taught much about Mary and how she suffered seeing her son so abused. She was a human being, a woman chosen by GOD to birth HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, JESUS CHRIST, yet she was a mother. Any mother/grandmother can understand her pain, only the most callous of women would not. I learned to appreciate her for her own suffering as a human woman, mother of a son brutally beaten,tortured on the Cross. He didn't have to go through all that suffering because while He was man in the flesh, He was/is GOD , but HE chose to because of his love for us, his creation, undeserving as we are.
- Video: Old man yells at cloud Allahpundit 31 minutes ago
- Chris Matthews: Let’s face it, Democrats are going to lose the Senate Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Dwayne Epstein, Marc Hyden Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Pope Francis: One year later Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Stupak: I got double-crossed on the contraception mandate Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- MNSure asks for additional $12.5 million to fix website and call center Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago