As a Christian, it can be difficult to reconcile all the evil that happens in the world with an all knowing, all powerful loving God who could stop it if He wants, but chooses not to do so. If our hearts break for the innocent children who were senselessly murdered at Sandy Hook Elementary, how can a God who loves us not feel the same way? If any of us had known what Adam Lanza was going to do, we would have done anything in our power to stop him, so why didn't God? All too often we tend to quote...
In the mainline denominations we were raised in, me Low Episcopal and he, conservative Lutheran we were never taught much about Mary and how she suffered seeing her son so abused. She was a human being, a woman chosen by GOD to birth HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, JESUS CHRIST, yet she was a mother. Any mother/grandmother can understand her pain, only the most callous of women would not. I learned to appreciate her for her own suffering as a human woman, mother of a son brutally beaten,tortured on the Cross. He didn't have to go through all that suffering because while He was man in the flesh, He was/is GOD , but HE chose to because of his love for us, his creation, undeserving as we are.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago