Win, lose or draw, we're always supposedly hitting a tipping point where social issues just no longer work for the Republican Party. At first glance, this would appear to be a rather puzzling sentiment. After all, in 2010, despite the fact that the GOP was just as socially conservative as we were this year, the Republican Party had its best year in half a century. Furthermore, in 2008 and 2012, the GOP lost despite running moderate candidates who were soft on social issues and who barely brought them up at all. If anything, you'd think that seeing two non-social conservatives...
In response to:
True, we need a return to our Judeo/Christian heritage. We need a Third Great Awakening, a return to GOD who gave us this Republic, who gave us the wise Founding Fathers and who through their prayers at the Constitutional Convention, the CONSTITUTION. We are where we are, weakened and ruled by a tryant who is a usurper because we have forgotten and rebelled against our heritage. We have been infiltrated by domestic enemies who are Marxists, never mind this socialism malarkey, it COMMUNISM as Krushev warned so many years ago, a Take over from the inside because we have turned from the GOD who gave us this gift of freedom.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 6 hours ago