JC- your statement makes zero sense. Union wages are NOT attached to minimum wage. They have nothing to do with each other because Unions are manufacturing jobs for the most part. Minimum wage is mostly service jobs. If the minimum wage was higher - welfare roles might drop. Plus, immigrants would have fewer jobs due to sudden American competition for those jobs.
Under President Obama the participation rate in the food stamp program has skyrocketed—one in seven Americans now receives food stamps. To keep up with the demands of the burgeoning program, spending has thus “doubled from roughly $39 billion in 2008 to an estimated $85 billion in 2012,” and nearly quadrupled since 2000. According to Heritage, “Today, the food stamps program is one of the largest and the fastest growing of the roughly 80 welfare programs funded by the federal government.” With that said, brace yourself for Breitbart’s findings: “The number of individuals on food stamps now exceeds the...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 7 hours ago