What is perhaps most striking about Secretary Panetta's action is that it reverses the combat exclusion policy that...
Your thinking is an outrage. Go send your mom or your daughter. Whether the feminists want to admit it or not , their are physiological and psychological differences between men and women. But the sexuality referred to in this article is real and a definite threat. Having just had two daughters finish college and listen to their believable stories of relationships at school for girls and guys, this social experiment will be a predictable failure. Certainly a debate should have taken place, but No, Obama gets his way by bullying the military just as he bullies the American people.
With little discussion or fanfare, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta lifted the ban on women in combat that has been in effect for as long as there has been a U.S. military. Feminists and some women serving in the military are applauding the move as a victory for equal rights. They claim that justice requires nothing short of opening all positions to females, regardless of the consequences to combat effectiveness, unit cohesion, or military readiness, factors whose importance they minimize in any event.
- Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews? Ed Morrissey 21 mins ago
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Philadelphia mayor prepares to fund Russian mob with new cigarette tax Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 13 hours ago