Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
A firearm is technically an internal combustion engine. A framework containing levers,springs,cams,and gears, that uses a combustible propellant, ignited by a spark, caused by a human pushing on the accelerator, to consentrate the high pressure gas created by conversion of the propellant, into kinetic energy by pushing a cylinder down a hollow cylinder. Wow. Mysterious Huh. Guess we better be outlawing portable generators and chainsaws too.
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Kerry: Let’s put together a coalition of the willing to defeat ISIS Ed Morrissey 38 mins ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Stephen Hayes Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Latest ISIS beheading of an American exposes moral bankruptcy of our betters Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Parents of fallen SEAL demand Obama resignation Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Breaking: ISIS releases new video of beheading another American journalist Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Politico sounds the alarm: Boehner may still have to listen to tea partiers after midterms Noah Rothman 3 hours ago