Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
A firearm is technically an internal combustion engine. A framework containing levers,springs,cams,and gears, that uses a combustible propellant, ignited by a spark, caused by a human pushing on the accelerator, to consentrate the high pressure gas created by conversion of the propellant, into kinetic energy by pushing a cylinder down a hollow cylinder. Wow. Mysterious Huh. Guess we better be outlawing portable generators and chainsaws too.
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Funny or die: Obama pitches ObamaCare to Zach Galifianakis Allahpundit 24 minutes ago
- Netanyahu: PA has to recognize Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 31 minutes ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows Obama underwater on Ukraine crisis, Russia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Feinstein: CIA snooped on secure Congressional network Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Special election in FL-13 today: Jolly vs Sink Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Crimea parliament to declare independence after annexation referendum Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago