Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
A firearm is technically an internal combustion engine. A framework containing levers,springs,cams,and gears, that uses a combustible propellant, ignited by a spark, caused by a human pushing on the accelerator, to consentrate the high pressure gas created by conversion of the propellant, into kinetic energy by pushing a cylinder down a hollow cylinder. Wow. Mysterious Huh. Guess we better be outlawing portable generators and chainsaws too.
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Christie, Cuomo enact stricter travel restrictions as new patient showed symptoms in NJ, tests negative Jazz Shaw 52 mins ago
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 13 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 14 hours ago