In response to:
You seem to conflate an INDIVIDUAL caring for other humans with THE STATE caring for other humans. Have you actually found in The bible a passage in which Jesus said, "Government should take from the people and redistribute part of what it takes to those it decides it should give to"? The closest I can think of is "Render unto Caesar ..." - which absolutely, precisely does NOT say GOVERNMENT should be the caretaker, but, rather, INDIVIDUAL people should be.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014