The Republican controlled Michigan legislature passed right-to-work legislation late Tuesday morning as union members loudly protested inside and outside of the Capitol in Lansing. Michigan Democrat Rep. Douglas Geiss threatened on the House floor this morning "there would be blood" if the legislation passed. Riot police have been on the scene since early this morning bracing for violence.
The Michigan House Democrats reiterated their threat on their Twitter page, but have since deleted it.
- Video: Ukrainian forces advancing in east as showdown nears Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- Detroit cuts deal with retired first responders on pensions Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- Video: Did we miss the al-Qaeda convention? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Bloomberg to spend $50 million to “outmuscle” the NRA Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago