As if Congress needed any more obstacles to resolving the fiscal cliff (and the expiring continuing resolution, and the looming debt limit), a brewing fight over filibuster rules in the Senate threatens to obliterate the upper chamber's traditional comity that has greased the skids of compromise for generations. We've been covering this particular controversy over recent weeks -- and dating back years, really -- so feel free to brush up on what's at stake and why both sides are digging in their heels. Cliffs Notes version: Harry Reid is an obtuse and tyrannical majority leader, whose strong-arm...
In response to:
Au contraire, madam. You do need to be eliminated from this discussion.
- Victory! Boys born as boys can shower with girls in Kentucky school Jazz Shaw 14 mins ago
- Prosecutor: Suspect in Oklahoma beheading uttered Arabic words during attack Allahpundit 54 mins ago
- Poll: Overwhelming majority of Republicans now describe themselves as “hawks” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Another federal court strikes Obamacare subsidies on federal exchanges Gabriel Malor 2 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Brian Barcaro, Joel Pollak Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Name That Operation? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago