As the legislation moves to the House, conservative groups have begun to take stands, with key players urging legislators to vote no. FreedomWorks, Club for Growth and Heritage Action - the Heritage Foundation's sister advocacy organization - have all issued "key...
The current "deal" is still going to add $4 trillion to our debt over the next four years. Better to go over the cliff and add only $1.5 trillion.
Just two hours into 2013, the Senate held an emergency roll call vote on a fiscal cliff plan concocted by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Vice President Joe Biden. The legislation passed overwhelmingly by a vote of 89-8, but key fiscal conservatives stalwarts like Sens. Rand Paul, Mike Lee, and Marco Rubio lined up in opposition.
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago