As the legislation moves to the House, conservative groups have begun to take stands, with key players urging legislators to vote no. FreedomWorks, Club for Growth and Heritage Action - the Heritage Foundation's sister advocacy organization - have all issued "key...
The current "deal" is still going to add $4 trillion to our debt over the next four years. Better to go over the cliff and add only $1.5 trillion.
Just two hours into 2013, the Senate held an emergency roll call vote on a fiscal cliff plan concocted by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Vice President Joe Biden. The legislation passed overwhelmingly by a vote of 89-8, but key fiscal conservatives stalwarts like Sens. Rand Paul, Mike Lee, and Marco Rubio lined up in opposition.
- Putin: Yeah, we had soldiers in Crimea before the plebiscite Ed Morrissey 38 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago