As the legislation moves to the House, conservative groups have begun to take stands, with key players urging legislators to vote no. FreedomWorks, Club for Growth and Heritage Action - the Heritage Foundation's sister advocacy organization - have all issued "key...
The current "deal" is still going to add $4 trillion to our debt over the next four years. Better to go over the cliff and add only $1.5 trillion.
Just two hours into 2013, the Senate held an emergency roll call vote on a fiscal cliff plan concocted by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Vice President Joe Biden. The legislation passed overwhelmingly by a vote of 89-8, but key fiscal conservatives stalwarts like Sens. Rand Paul, Mike Lee, and Marco Rubio lined up in opposition.
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 28 mins ago
- America has no strategy, but ISIS does: Biological terrorism Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- More non-existent voter fraud tuns up in Virginia Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- AFP Defending the Dream Summit: Day 1 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago