Well well well. I had the epiphany (on these pages, maybe) some months ago that...It's...Not...Sex (it's foreplay). And Michael Medved agreed with me on the radio today, sort of. He said, more or less, that Kaitlyn Hunt should be let off easy, because to ask for the same sort of statutory rape conviction that a hetero young man preying on an underage girl deserves is, sort of, equating SSM with real marriage. He was challenged by a caller, a smart (well-spoken), young (-sounding) man, who said gay activists are always agitating for equality, let them have it now by throwing the book at Hunt. I would half-agree with Medved. No, the sex is not equal. But go the other direction, and stick Hunt in jail longer for being a predator on her child victim, as a deterrent against those gays (they always say it's a tiny minority anyway) who are child molesters. Cheers, and let me introduce to my friend Jesus.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 14 hours ago