What President Obama has been pushing for, and moving toward, is more insidious: government control of the economy, while leaving ownership in private hands. That way, politicians get to call the shots but, when their bright ideas lead to disaster, they...
Your left wing fact manipulation is amusing. Just like Maobama saying that his administration has held the line on spending after he started his administration by adding $850 billion to the deficit. And then baselines from there. Corporate profits are up for the same reason that economic growth is slower than an arthritic snail. When you drop an avalanche of rules and regulations on business as well as the uncertainty of Obamacare and, now, nearly a million criminal immigrants into the work force, businesses will hold onto their money. They will not invest or add employees because they don't know how much they will be penalized. And I am certain that Dr. Sowell was not heartened by your respect nor saddened by losing it.
It bothers me a little when conservatives call Barack Obama a "socialist." He certainly is an enemy of the free market, and wants politicians and bureaucrats to make the fundamental decisions about the economy. But that does not mean that he wants government ownership of the means of production, which has long been a standard definition of socialism.
- Disaster: 130,000 refugees flee ISIS, cross into Turkey Ed Morrissey 31 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago