What President Obama has been pushing for, and moving toward, is more insidious: government control of the economy, while leaving ownership in private hands. That way, politicians get to call the shots but, when their bright ideas lead to disaster, they...
Your left wing fact manipulation is amusing. Just like Maobama saying that his administration has held the line on spending after he started his administration by adding $850 billion to the deficit. And then baselines from there. Corporate profits are up for the same reason that economic growth is slower than an arthritic snail. When you drop an avalanche of rules and regulations on business as well as the uncertainty of Obamacare and, now, nearly a million criminal immigrants into the work force, businesses will hold onto their money. They will not invest or add employees because they don't know how much they will be penalized. And I am certain that Dr. Sowell was not heartened by your respect nor saddened by losing it.
It bothers me a little when conservatives call Barack Obama a "socialist." He certainly is an enemy of the free market, and wants politicians and bureaucrats to make the fundamental decisions about the economy. But that does not mean that he wants government ownership of the means of production, which has long been a standard definition of socialism.
- CIA confesses: Yeah, we hacked the Senate’s computers Noah Rothman 28 minutes ago
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- House may vote on bill that would block Obama from expanding executive amnesty for illegals Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz issues clear condemnation of Obama Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Media reacts to Lois Lerner’s new email: ‘Hard to argue’ no political bias there Noah Rothman 4 hours ago