What President Obama has been pushing for, and moving toward, is more insidious: government control of the economy, while leaving ownership in private hands. That way, politicians get to call the shots but, when their bright ideas lead to disaster, they...
Obama is strictly in it for the power. Every year he has said jobs would be #1. And then nothing. People are more likely to vote for him if they think that the givernment (not misspelled) will keep providing for them. He did not stand with the unions in Wis. or the pipeline. Because he knows he will have the union vote. Unemployment is highest among black Americans but he doesn't care because he will have those votes. But he is now going after the Hispanic vote by telling nearly a million young criminal immigrants they can actively join the job pool. Never mind that this will not help the unemployed citizens and will actually cause the unemployment stats to go up. He doesn't care because he will be getting more votes.
It bothers me a little when conservatives call Barack Obama a "socialist." He certainly is an enemy of the free market, and wants politicians and bureaucrats to make the fundamental decisions about the economy. But that does not mean that he wants government ownership of the means of production, which has long been a standard definition of socialism.
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 37 mins ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Video: The only technology that Americans really wanted from the future will soon be real Allahpundit 3 hours ago