What President Obama has been pushing for, and moving toward, is more insidious: government control of the economy, while leaving ownership in private hands. That way, politicians get to call the shots but, when their bright ideas lead to disaster, they...
Obama is strictly in it for the power. Every year he has said jobs would be #1. And then nothing. People are more likely to vote for him if they think that the givernment (not misspelled) will keep providing for them. He did not stand with the unions in Wis. or the pipeline. Because he knows he will have the union vote. Unemployment is highest among black Americans but he doesn't care because he will have those votes. But he is now going after the Hispanic vote by telling nearly a million young criminal immigrants they can actively join the job pool. Never mind that this will not help the unemployed citizens and will actually cause the unemployment stats to go up. He doesn't care because he will be getting more votes.
It bothers me a little when conservatives call Barack Obama a "socialist." He certainly is an enemy of the free market, and wants politicians and bureaucrats to make the fundamental decisions about the economy. But that does not mean that he wants government ownership of the means of production, which has long been a standard definition of socialism.
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 15 hours ago