There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
Liberals are utilitarians in ethics, while conservatives are traditionalists. By their lights, liberals are behaving ethically if the goals they are advancing are (in their eyes) beneficial. If they played fair and lost, that to them would be unethical behavior. One giveaway is that, depending on the occasion and the particular goal, liberals will use contradictory arguments (because, to them, the truth of the argument is irrelevant: it's merely a means to an end). For example, on abortion they borrow the libertarian argument that "the government must not interfere between a woman and her doctor" -- and then turn around and ban silicone breast implants!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 11 hours ago