There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
Liberals are utilitarians in ethics, while conservatives are traditionalists. By their lights, liberals are behaving ethically if the goals they are advancing are (in their eyes) beneficial. If they played fair and lost, that to them would be unethical behavior. One giveaway is that, depending on the occasion and the particular goal, liberals will use contradictory arguments (because, to them, the truth of the argument is irrelevant: it's merely a means to an end). For example, on abortion they borrow the libertarian argument that "the government must not interfere between a woman and her doctor" -- and then turn around and ban silicone breast implants!
- CPAC: Cruz meets the bloggers; Update: CPAC speech added Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- New education plan: Take the “tricky vocabulary” out of the SAT exam Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 13 hours ago