It really doesn't matter where he was born. His father was never a citizen, hence he can't be considered natural-born. The Supreme Court defined natural-born as those "born in a country of parents who were its citizens", (Minor v. Happersett, 1875). Both parents must be citizens to be considered natural-born.
One needn't be a "birther" (and I'm not -- I believe the President was born in Hawaii) to be stunned by the emergence of the publisher's bio that references President Obama as having been born in Kenya. The discovery raises two issues.
First, did the President know that his publisher was describing him as Kenyan-born? (I was given sign-off authority on the bio put out about me when I wrote Prude.) If so, he may have an
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago