As a public finance economist, I normally focus on big-picture arguments against excessive government.
If the public sector is too large, for instance, that undermines economic growth by diverting resources from the productive sector of the economy.
But I’ve also discovered that it helps to personalize the analysis by pointing out examples of ridiculous and wasteful behavior by government.
- Prosecutor: Suspect in Oklahoma beheading uttered Arabic words during attack Allahpundit 44 mins ago
- Poll: Overwhelming majority of Republicans now describe themselves as “hawks” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Another federal court strikes Obamacare subsidies on federal exchanges Gabriel Malor 2 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Brian Barcaro, Joel Pollak Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Name That Operation? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Report: U.S. accidentally bombed “moderate” rebels in Syria — because their base was right next to Al Qaeda’s Allahpundit 3 hours ago