As a public finance economist, I normally focus on big-picture arguments against excessive government.
If the public sector is too large, for instance, that undermines economic growth by diverting resources from the productive sector of the economy.
But I’ve also discovered that it helps to personalize the analysis by pointing out examples of ridiculous and wasteful behavior by government.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 20 hours ago