What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
Didn't Walter Williams say the country would be better off if we paid each of those 535 people a million dollars and told them to stay home?
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago