In response to:
Not true. Darwin's theories boil down to: 1) Evolution proceeds as changes (mutations) occur in the genetic code of an organism. 2) These mutations are "tested" by the environment in which the organism exists. 3) Many (most) of the changes will be harmful to the organism, and it will die before the harmful genes are passed on to its offspring. Occasionally, however, a gene combination will arise the actually improves the adaptation of the organism to its' particular environment and these genes are more likely to be passed on. 4) By this process, called "natural selection," all life has branched.
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago