In response to:
Not true. Darwin's theories boil down to: 1) Evolution proceeds as changes (mutations) occur in the genetic code of an organism. 2) These mutations are "tested" by the environment in which the organism exists. 3) Many (most) of the changes will be harmful to the organism, and it will die before the harmful genes are passed on to its offspring. Occasionally, however, a gene combination will arise the actually improves the adaptation of the organism to its' particular environment and these genes are more likely to be passed on. 4) By this process, called "natural selection," all life has branched.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago