Your "corn monopoly" story with starving people (who apparently are unable to eat anythingy but corn) sounds like bunk. Please cite sources, please. Corn prices did rise, but it was due to government intervention in the market as it subsidized ethanol to the extent that corn was being diverted from food use to fuel. Also, communist China is hardly an example of an unfettered free market.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 13 hours ago