Your "corn monopoly" story with starving people (who apparently are unable to eat anythingy but corn) sounds like bunk. Please cite sources, please. Corn prices did rise, but it was due to government intervention in the market as it subsidized ethanol to the extent that corn was being diverted from food use to fuel. Also, communist China is hardly an example of an unfettered free market.
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 31 mins ago
- Josh Earnest: Ignore Obama’s military critics because they served under Bush Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Exonerated, Chris Christie taunts the press by embracing Roger Goodell Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Scotland votes No to independence Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago