Your "corn monopoly" story with starving people (who apparently are unable to eat anythingy but corn) sounds like bunk. Please cite sources, please. Corn prices did rise, but it was due to government intervention in the market as it subsidized ethanol to the extent that corn was being diverted from food use to fuel. Also, communist China is hardly an example of an unfettered free market.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 10 hours ago