Your "corn monopoly" story with starving people (who apparently are unable to eat anythingy but corn) sounds like bunk. Please cite sources, please. Corn prices did rise, but it was due to government intervention in the market as it subsidized ethanol to the extent that corn was being diverted from food use to fuel. Also, communist China is hardly an example of an unfettered free market.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago