The criticisms of the recent absurd comments by Missouri Republican Congressman Todd Akin, who at this writing is his party's nominee to take on incumbent Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November in a contest he had been expected to win, have focused on his clearly erroneous understanding of the human female anatomy. In a now infamous statement, in which he used the bizarre and unheard-of phrase "legitimate rape," the congressman gave the impression that some rapes of women are not mentally or seriously resisted. This is an antediluvian and misogynistic myth for which there is no basis in fact and...
Good points. Genetic code is not a human anymore than a blueprint is a house.
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 49 minutes ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Jeb Bush announces: I’m officially thinking of running for president Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Udall’s first ad in Colorado: The war-on-womenizing we’ve been waiting for Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago