As a Christian, it can be difficult to reconcile all the evil that happens in the world with an all knowing, all powerful loving God who could stop it if He wants, but chooses not to do so. If our hearts break for the innocent children who were senselessly murdered at Sandy Hook Elementary, how can a God who loves us not feel the same way? If any of us had known what Adam Lanza was going to do, we would have done anything in our power to stop him, so why didn't God? All too often we tend to quote...
Hawkins is no more successful than other apologists throughout the centuries who have tried to solve the problem of evil. "Free will" is no answer to children who suffer and die in floods, tornadoes, disease, etc. And why would God prefer belief based on faith rather than reason? Where's the sacrifice in staging a fake death for your immortal son?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 6 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 7 hours ago