Sequestration would force the government to reduce discretionary spending by about $1.2 trillion over the next decade. Roughly half of that, or $600 billion, would come from defense -- a...
The goal of schools isn't to teach that kind of thing. What teacher would hand out a copy of a book that points out the harm that a union can do?
Republicans, and many Democrats, are upset by the prospect of so-called sequestration cuts to the nation's defense budget. Pentagon chief Leon Panetta is so alarmed that the day before the Senate took up what became the "fiscal cliff" agreement, he called a key Republican lawmaker, Sen. Lindsey Graham, to express deep concern that the cuts might go into effect. As it turned out, Congress put them off for two months.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 9 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 10 hours ago