In Defense of Torture

TabSpangler Wrote: Dec 16, 2014 9:07 AM
No, you sound like the liberals that always seem to claim that the ends justifies the means. Plus, even if you want to be a utilitarian, there were no positive ends accomplished by these means.

In Defense of Torture

TabSpangler Wrote: Dec 16, 2014 9:04 AM
You do not want to live in a state that pursues justice like a vigilante father.

The CIA and Its Torturers

TabSpangler Wrote: Dec 11, 2014 1:30 PM
I'll add that I'm being facecious with my numbers before someone thinks they will need to correct me. However, the point of saving lives is moot if you have to do it in an unjust way. You can just join with Madeleine Albright and her take on how the deaths of 500,000 Iraqi children was "worth it".

The CIA and Its Torturers

TabSpangler Wrote: Dec 11, 2014 1:20 PM
Oh, it saved millions by murdering millions? How utilitarian!

The CIA and Its Torturers

TabSpangler Wrote: Dec 11, 2014 1:16 PM
I count that as a compliment. Thank you, ava.

The CIA and Its Torturers

TabSpangler Wrote: Dec 11, 2014 7:42 AM
But it DOESN'T need to do this to keep us safe. Would you accept Nazism and concentration camps if Hitler told you he was just keeping you safe? Don't give up your freedom for security because you will have neither.

The CIA and Its Torturers

TabSpangler Wrote: Dec 11, 2014 7:38 AM
A lot of "conservative" commenters are going to be here today to justify a lot of big government secrecy and abuse of power.

The CIA and Its Torturers

TabSpangler Wrote: Dec 11, 2014 7:33 AM
But no freedom was preserved by the torturing of prisoners, and you shouldn't steal the responsibility from those that torture, unless you are involved. If the government tortured you to death, would it be suicide since "you are the government"?

Remember Kelly Thomas?

TabSpangler Wrote: Dec 11, 2014 7:17 AM
I remember Kelly Thomas, since libertarians have been bringing this issue up to deaf ears for a while now.

House Chooses New Cold War With Russia

TabSpangler Wrote: Dec 09, 2014 10:21 AM
A debate is not telling someone to leave. If I say it is wrong to murder, you do not further the discussion by saying, "If you don't like murder, leave!"

House Chooses New Cold War With Russia

TabSpangler Wrote: Dec 09, 2014 10:09 AM
“I say, old chap, if you don’t like the British American colonies, why don’t you leave? No one is making you stay. In fact, I’ll help you pack.” - King George III