If there was a prize for fighting back against tax authorities, the Italians would probably deserve first place. I’m not aware of any other country where tax offices get firebombed. The Italians also believe in passive forms of resistance, with tens of thousands of boat owners sailing away to protect themselves from the government.
But the Spanish are beginning to get into the swing of things, perhaps because they are increasingly upset by the plethora of tax hikes imposed by the supposedly right-of-center government in Madrid.
Here’s part of a
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- At Ohio State, you may be guilty of sexual assault if… Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Actress Daniele Watts handcuffed for failing to show ID to police Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen to six years in a labor camp Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Poll: Americans have little confidence in Obama’s ISIS ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- NFL Week 2 open thread Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago