If the GOP has any prayer of winning back the Senate next year -- they need to net six seats -- they must take advantage of Obamacare as a winning issue. It's been clear for years that the American people loathe the law. Will Republicans (again) persuade voters to punish Democratic incumbents who enabled its passage, this time as the law rolls out? Because Harry Reid needed every last vote from his caucus to jam the "Affordable" Care Act through, any single Senator in that coalition can be accurately described as the...
In response to:
"they CHOSE to do drugs. let them take RESPONSIBIITY for THEIR ACTIONS" This is where you and I differ. How can it be called the greatest country in the world if we let people die in the streets, regardless of the choices they made. What because some girl was molested as a child and turned to drugs she should die alone and in pain? What about a child born with HIV to a poor family? Should they be denied treatment because they can't afford it? The elderly? Healthcare costs would cripple the majority of them if it wasn't for government programs. Now should able bodied people be denied welfare because they can work? Absolutely. Should we actually make sure people are truly disabled before they collect disability checks? 100%. Should foodstamps be used at KFC? Heck to the no. But when it comes to providing medical care for someone, regardless of if they can afford it or not, regardless of the choices they made in life, we need to provide it to them. And you know what? America agrees with me.
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 48 mins ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago