If the GOP has any prayer of winning back the Senate next year -- they need to net six seats -- they must take advantage of Obamacare as a winning issue. It's been clear for years that the American people loathe the law. Will Republicans (again) persuade voters to punish Democratic incumbents who enabled its passage, this time as the law rolls out? Because Harry Reid needed every last vote from his caucus to jam the "Affordable" Care Act through, any single Senator in that coalition can be accurately described as the...
In response to:
"they CHOSE to do drugs. let them take RESPONSIBIITY for THEIR ACTIONS" This is where you and I differ. How can it be called the greatest country in the world if we let people die in the streets, regardless of the choices they made. What because some girl was molested as a child and turned to drugs she should die alone and in pain? What about a child born with HIV to a poor family? Should they be denied treatment because they can't afford it? The elderly? Healthcare costs would cripple the majority of them if it wasn't for government programs. Now should able bodied people be denied welfare because they can work? Absolutely. Should we actually make sure people are truly disabled before they collect disability checks? 100%. Should foodstamps be used at KFC? Heck to the no. But when it comes to providing medical care for someone, regardless of if they can afford it or not, regardless of the choices they made in life, we need to provide it to them. And you know what? America agrees with me.
- Report: ISIS just seized a bunch of uranium in Iraq Noah Rothman 23 minutes ago
- Germany expels US embassy official over spying row Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama’s pathetic border crisis blame shifting Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Israel escalates offensive in Gaza, Hamas rocket commander killed Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air interview with Marco Rubio on border crisis, Hobby Lobby Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago