For the first time in Gallup trends since 2000, a majority of Americans say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. Prior to 2009, a majority always felt the government should ensure healthcare coverage for all, though Americans' views have become more divided in recent years...Republicans, including Republican-leaning independents, are mostly responsible for the drop since 2007 in Americans' support for government...
In response to:
Besides who here doesn't have health insurance? I do, I received an email the day after the supreme court decision: "Despite what you may have heard regarding "Obamacare", absolutely nothing has changed about your current health plan" Or something to that affect.
- Bowe Bergdahl returning to active duty this week Allahpundit 23 minutes ago
- Democratic Colorado governor exalts Obama’s pool game, is not helping Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Begich: Hey, I’m a thorn in Obama’s … whatever Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Josh Earnest: We’re the most transparent administration ever, no matter what journalists say Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Paul vs. Perry, Round 2: Rand says Rick is ‘stuck in the past’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Israel shoots down Hamas drone as escalation continues Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago