No, you aren't dreaming. This post is a virtual facsimile of the 'fiscal cliff' piece I authored two weeks ago, replete with many of the same discouraging bells and whistles -- Democrats reveling in their leverage advantage, public opinion polls spelling doom for Republicans, and no tangible progress on the actual task at hand. If that sentence wasn't enough of a morale boost for you, feel free to read on. Liberals in Congress, led by incoming Senate Budget Committee Chair Patty Murray, are ostentatiously demonstrating an insatiable appetite for fiscal cliff-diving. Their...
"Of the $245 billion handed to U.S. and foreign banks, over $169 billion has been paid back, including $13.7 billion in dividends, interest and other income, along with $4 billion in warrant proceeds as of April 2010. AIG is considered "on track" to pay back $51 billion from divestitures of two units and another $32 billion in securities."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 7 hours ago