No, you aren't dreaming. This post is a virtual facsimile of the 'fiscal cliff' piece I authored two weeks ago, replete with many of the same discouraging bells and whistles -- Democrats reveling in their leverage advantage, public opinion polls spelling doom for Republicans, and no tangible progress on the actual task at hand. If that sentence wasn't enough of a morale boost for you, feel free to read on. Liberals in Congress, led by incoming Senate Budget Committee Chair Patty Murray, are ostentatiously demonstrating an insatiable appetite for fiscal cliff-diving. Their...
"Of the $245 billion handed to U.S. and foreign banks, over $169 billion has been paid back, including $13.7 billion in dividends, interest and other income, along with $4 billion in warrant proceeds as of April 2010. AIG is considered "on track" to pay back $51 billion from divestitures of two units and another $32 billion in securities."
- Name That Operation? Ed Morrissey 14 mins ago
- Report: U.S. accidentally bombed “moderate” rebels in Syria — because their base was right next to Al Qaeda’s Allahpundit 54 mins ago
- Whiplash: Politifact absolves Democrat who repeated…Politifact’s lie of the year Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- VA whistle-blowers receive settlements for retaliation Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Pierson to Congress: White House intrusion will never happen again Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Report: Semi-retired president has skipped more than half of his daily security briefings this year Allahpundit 3 hours ago