We are reminded by the commander of the special operations unit with whom we are living not to broadcast names or faces of Afghan security force personnel. The local district governor is speaking through an interpreter. He doesn't pull any punches: "You must not abandon us again. You helped us...
WARDAK PROVINCE, Afghanistan -- "If you leave here like you left Iraq, I am a dead man," says the blunt-speaking district governor. His district chief of police, a newly appointed civil judge and the chief of the Afghan Local Police detachment all nod their heads in assent. None of them is smiling.
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 42 mins ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago