We are reminded by the commander of the special operations unit with whom we are living not to broadcast names or faces of Afghan security force personnel. The local district governor is speaking through an interpreter. He doesn't pull any punches: "You must not abandon us again. You helped us...
WARDAK PROVINCE, Afghanistan -- "If you leave here like you left Iraq, I am a dead man," says the blunt-speaking district governor. His district chief of police, a newly appointed civil judge and the chief of the Afghan Local Police detachment all nod their heads in assent. None of them is smiling.
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 31 minutes ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul calls out MSNBC… on MSNBC Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Ted Cruz meeting with House conservatives to try to block Boehner’s border crisis bill Allahpundit 3 hours ago