We are reminded by the commander of the special operations unit with whom we are living not to broadcast names or faces of Afghan security force personnel. The local district governor is speaking through an interpreter. He doesn't pull any punches: "You must not abandon us again. You helped us...
WARDAK PROVINCE, Afghanistan -- "If you leave here like you left Iraq, I am a dead man," says the blunt-speaking district governor. His district chief of police, a newly appointed civil judge and the chief of the Afghan Local Police detachment all nod their heads in assent. None of them is smiling.
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago