Democrats don’t have the 51 votes they need in the Senate to change filibuster rules that could make it harder for the GOP minority to wield power in the upper chamber. Lawmakers leading the charge acknowledge they remain short, but express optimism they’ll hit their goal. “I haven’t counted 51 just yet, but we’re working,” said Sen. Tom Udall (D-N.M.), a leading...
In response to:
Shouldn't you stick to the topic?
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago