The reason, we are told, is a change that Republicans have previously rejected but Democrats and Latino groups see as indispensable: a procedure for illegal immigrants to become legal residents and, eventually, citizens. Critics call it "amnesty" and say it will spur illegal immigration as surely as...
Many people who claim that they support amnesty (by any other name is still the same) don't stop to consider the massive drain on our already fragile natural resources, i.e. H2O, productive farm land, clean air, the total environment, the facilities such as schools, hospitals, etc. When those go into ruinous conditions we will be a totally third world country, and by the looks of things, that is already happening in many areas. As elderly people that I have contact with have told me time and time again "they are glad that they are on their way out instead of their way in, and worry about their grandchildren etc.
To hear opponents tell it, you don't want to be standing along the U.S. border when an immigration reform bill becomes law. Millions of foreigners who were previously content in their native lands will hear about it, pack a bag and storm across the U.S. border, trampling anyone unlucky enough to be in the way.
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 32 minutes ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: Republican voters back immigration reform? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- LeBron James becomes first person ever to leave Miami for Cleveland voluntarily Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Contemptible corporate cowardice Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Gallup’s clickbait: Obama’s still pretty popular among … Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago