The reason, we are told, is a change that Republicans have previously rejected but Democrats and Latino groups see as indispensable: a procedure for illegal immigrants to become legal residents and, eventually, citizens. Critics call it "amnesty" and say it will spur illegal immigration as surely as...
Many people who claim that they support amnesty (by any other name is still the same) don't stop to consider the massive drain on our already fragile natural resources, i.e. H2O, productive farm land, clean air, the total environment, the facilities such as schools, hospitals, etc. When those go into ruinous conditions we will be a totally third world country, and by the looks of things, that is already happening in many areas. As elderly people that I have contact with have told me time and time again "they are glad that they are on their way out instead of their way in, and worry about their grandchildren etc.
To hear opponents tell it, you don't want to be standing along the U.S. border when an immigration reform bill becomes law. Millions of foreigners who were previously content in their native lands will hear about it, pack a bag and storm across the U.S. border, trampling anyone unlucky enough to be in the way.
- Obama administration routs scourge of ISIS pink cookies in schools Jazz Shaw 27 mins ago
- Was the Aurora theater shooting “foreseeable” by owners? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- US ponders military intervention in Syria as well as Iraq Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago