One of the lingering questions I’ve harbored about the forthcoming “Gang of Eight” immigration bargain (the Tuesday roll-out of which was appropriately postponed due to the events in Boston) is how long the “open enrollment” period for amnesty would be. Surely the bill includes a finite time box, rather than unleashing an ongoing, open-ended new policy, right? Right. “There’s a cut-off after one year,” a GOP source familiar with the plan tells me. The federal government would begin accepting applications for provisional legal status “after the first two security triggers are met, and [the government] begins the application...
DHS has only six months to design and implement a secure border plan????????How many millions of ILLEGALS can come to the USA in a six month span???????????? That window of opportunity should be MUCH SHORTER, or we will never get a secure border with Janet 'I don't have a brain' Napolitano. She will still be skipping down the yellow brick road 20 years from now. This isn't a immigration bill it is just another SHAM, only this time the RHINOS have decided to cosy up to the liberals. Marco Rubio has really turned into a huge embarassment for the Tea Party who supported him and got him elected. With Rubio we have no need to fear foreign terrorists, he is the poster child for AMNESTY and he needs to be removed from his cushy chair in D.C.
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 16 minutes ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 46 minutes ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 56 minutes ago
- Boehner gets angry on immigration: When is Obama going to take some responsibility for something? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Conservatives and establishment GOP agree: Don’t impeach Obama Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Democrats plan on making Hobby Lobby their midterm message Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago