Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
for 4 years now i've been saying bho's a thug in a suit. he speaks the same bull as his thug contemporaries, only swooning the stupid class. for over 100 years, the government has inserted itself between the people creating "us/them." why? it's lucrative. they've learned from pharaoh aka king tyranny. don't educate the masses so now we have an illiterate electorate. the left we have today are the schlock of the crop. they are w/o a good moral code and are nothing more than mouthy libertines who whine incessantly. we have to say out loud and long that the left are neither competent nor caring and the right is neither competent nor conservative. we have to do to them what they've been doing to us for 100 years and not shut up.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Washington, Europe getting serious about Russia sanctions over Crimea? Ed Morrissey 34 minutes ago
- Scarborough: FL-13 upset shows 2014 will be “historic” Dem loss Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NBC/WSJ poll shows Obama approval at new low of 41% Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago