And so it came, the coup de grace. The final "barrier" to "opportunities" for women in combat is no more. With a stroke of their pens, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin E. Dempsey decreed that no battlefield mission or military role is off-limits to the female sex. The defense secretary and the general thus liberated mothers, daughters, sisters and wives to kill and be killed in the infantry, commando raids, even in Obama administration "overseas contingency operations." In so doing, they also slashed away at that last institutional protection for the space that separates men...
bho and his ilk are succeeding in weakening our military. everything they have done up to this point points directly to that. putting gay men in the battlefield will introduce the same set of dynamics as women on the front lines. it does diminish our cultural strengths and intestinal fortitude when faced w/quick decisional factors -- we will waffle. bho's given arms to the enemy -- i mean serious, expensive, death, doom and destruction type arms; our men and woman drop their weapons to greet dignitaries; we have already dropped the standard for recruitment (used to be you couldn't be fat, have a criminal record of any kind, test below intellectual levels and, certainly, you could not have any mental illness) now, YES YOU CAN; (more)
- Bowe Bergdahl returning to active duty this week Allahpundit 53 minutes ago
- Democratic Colorado governor exalts Obama’s pool game, is not helping Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Begich: Hey, I’m a thorn in Obama’s … whatever Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Josh Earnest: We’re the most transparent administration ever, no matter what journalists say Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Paul vs. Perry, Round 2: Rand says Rick is ‘stuck in the past’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Israel shoots down Hamas drone as escalation continues Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago