What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
i have no problem paying washington officials a good and decent wage if they were worth it. i like the idea of getting rid of the ones who are already there and to the newbie we introduce term limits across the board. 2-year term for state reps and senators; 4-year term for the two branches, congress and senate; and 8-year max for president. i like the idea of bring in young people right out of college and doing away w/the lobby system altogether thereby making the elections of senators to the fed a dead breed. while we're at it audit the fed. so, these are my discussion points which are not-so-new ideas to get people thinking about them, so that they might become realistic prospects in the future.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 5 hours ago