The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of...
this president is a bad guy -- nothing but disgust comes to mind when he enters it.
Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency's budget were cut, what would it do?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago